How do I become a Cloud Engineer at Coolblue?
Because you are mumbling Python words while dreaming about automating recurring tasks to make your job (and that of the developers) easier. And because of your knowledge of deployment pipelines, our developers can release their applications without any troubles. Besides this, you will make it easy for development teams to create and monitor their 'infrastructure as code' for our AWS cloud environment. Do you want to become a Cloud Engineer at Coolblue? Funda can explain to you more about this role.
You enjoy doing this
- Writing a serverless application in Python, which is creating a backup everyday to S3.
- Helping a fellow developer troubleshoot a bug in one of our backend systems.
- Suggesting an architectural optimization for a fellow developer that can increase their application performance and save us some money at the same time.
- Enable developers to leverage containers in code, and facilitate observability.
- Automation of creating pipelines in Python and writing unit tests for your beautiful code.
- Build a MVP together with stakeholders to ensure validating all the use cases to migrate to a new logging platform.
This calendar makes you happy
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have some experience working with any cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- You know scripting and have development experience in Python, also some Ruby or plain shell.
- You love to design and write maintainable code, and can cover it with valuable tests.
- You 'automate all the things' from bootstrap to backup.
- You are awesome with Linux, but are not afraid of touching Windows as well.
- You have experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible.
- You understand the value of writing unit tests as part of your coding cycle.
- You have experience with monitoring solutions like DataDog or Splunk etc.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance, from a to z (only for people living in Europe)
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- At this moment we all work from home. Off-course we help you create the best home-office possible. Including a desk chair, laptop and blue colored garlands.
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- An extraordinarily good work environment with colleagues who make you happy, epic (digital) Coolblue parties, pubquizzing, and other activities.
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- A job at one of the fastest-growing companies in the Benelux.
Go for it
It's for you
Open and shut
Go for the fridge
Want to know more?
How does Coolblue adhere to the 1.5-meter rule at work?
We adhere to the recommendations and guidelines of RIVM and the government, of course. This means that all colleagues from the main office work from home as much as possible. The interviews for your application will also take place via video calls.
We’d be happy to have you at the office on your first day. So we can drink a cup of coffee and get to know each other a little better. At an appropriate distance, of course.
Can I keep developing myself?
Coolblue University: learning at Coolblue, in a different way.
With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can get a little bit better every day. At Coolblue, we go back to school sometimes. But not by sitting there quietly and just listening. The training courses aren't boring, but interactive. You have to do exercises and have discussions with others. At the Coolblue University, we choose what we want to learn, so we can continue to develop en become real experts. For example, a Delivery Driver needs different training courses than a Customer Service Employe and a starter needs different courses than a manager.