How do I become a Cloud Engineer at Coolblue?
Because of your knowledge of deployment pipelines, you will maintain and improve these, so our developers can release their applications without any troubles. Besides this, you will make it easy for development teams to create and monitor their 'infrastructure as code' for our AWS cloud environment. Automation is something you dream about, so that is why you will automate recurring tasks to make your job (and that of the developers) easier.
Do you want to become a Cloud Engineer at Coolblue? Tim de Koning can explain to you more about this role.
You enjoy doing this
- Writing in Python a serverless application, which is creating every day a backup to S3.
- Helping a fellow developer troubleshooting a bug in one of our backend systems.
- Enable developers to leverage containers in code, and facilitate observability.
- Automation of creating pipelines in python and writing unit tests for your beautiful code.
- Build a MVP together with stakeholders to ensure validating all the use cases to migrate to a new logging platform.
This calendar makes you happy
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have some experience working with any cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- You know scripting and have development experience in Python, Ruby or plain old Bash.
- You 'automate all the things' from bootstrap to backup.
- You are awesome with Linux, but are not afraid of touching Windows as well.
- You have experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- You understand the value of writing unit tests as part of your coding cycle.
- You have experience with monitoring solutions like DataDog or Splunk etc.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- Relocation assistance: from A to Z (We only hire people living in Europe).
- A discount on all our products.
- Extraordinarily good work environment, including freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities, and an informal, playful department.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. We recommend just walking for 2 minutes, though.
- A job at one of the fastest-growing companies in the Benelux.
Go for it
It's for you
Ready, set, go
Go for the fridge