How do I become a Google Cloud Engineer at Coolblue?
Because of your knowledge of deployment pipelines, you will maintain and improve these, so our developers can release their applications smoothly and reliably. Besides this, you will make it easy for development teams to create their 'infrastructure as code' for our GCP cloud environment. Automation is something you dream about, so that is why you will automate recurring tasks to make your job (and that of the developers) easier. Want to become a Google Cloud Engineer at Coolblue? Funda will explain how to do that.
You enjoy doing this
- Working together with your teammates to make sure our Google Cloud Environment is fully provisioned in Code through the configuration of Deployment Manager.
- Making a plan with your team for the next 24 hours.
- Working in an agile team, and working with innovative solutions for the IT-infrastructure of Coolblue.
- Brainstorming and refining user stories that will improve the Cloud Platform and Developer Experience.
- improving the automation around CI/CD pipelines.
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have working experience with Google Cloud Platform (mandatory) and you receive bonus points if you are Certified.
- You are awesome with Windows, but are not afraid of touching Linux as well! Since we have .NET, Delphi and PHP stacks we can use your experience.
- You have experience with configuration management tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- You believe in configuration management - if it's not managed, it's not real
- You 'automate all the things' from bootstrap to backup.
- You have experience working with Scrum.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance: from A to Z (we only hire people living in Europe)
- Over 30 trainings in our Coolblue University to get a bit better every day.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- An extraordinarily good work environment, with freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities, and an informal, playful department.
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
Go for it
It's for you
Open and shut
Go for the fridge
Want to know more?
How does Coolblue adhere to the 1.5-meter rule at work?
We adhere to the recommendations and guidelines of RIVM and the government, of course. This means that all colleagues from the main office work from home as much as possible. The interviews for your application will also take place via video calls.
We’d be happy to have you at the office on your first day. So we can drink a cup of coffee and get to know each other a little better. At an appropriate distance, of course.
Can I keep developing myself?
Coolblue University: learning at Coolblue, in a different way.
With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can get a little bit better every day. At Coolblue, we go back to school sometimes. But not by sitting there quietly and just listening. The training courses aren't boring, but interactive. You have to do exercises and have discussions with others. At the Coolblue University, we choose what we want to learn, so we can continue to develop en become real experts. For example, a Delivery Driver needs different training courses than a Customer Service Employe and a starter needs different courses than a manager.