How do I become a Data Scientist / Advanced Data Analyst at Coolblue?
You're going to be working as a true Data Scientist. One who understands why you get the results that you do and apply this information to other experiments. Your job starts with a problem and ends with you monitoring your own solution. Want to become a Data Scientist at Coolblue? Funda will explain how to do that.
You enjoy doing this
- Making cross validation strategies.
- Improving the forecast on how much we sell per display banner advertising.
- Querying Data from our systems and processing them in a way that allows you to view the situation with clarity
- Experimenting with a LightGBM, in addition to using a Linear Regression model with penalty (regularized).
- Sparring with your team lead for a second opinion on your analysis
- Improving the precision of the display banner advertising forecast.
This calendar makes you happy
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have a MSc or PHD in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- You have experience with Machine Learning and/or Operations Research techniques, such as Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, Integer Programming, Metaheuristics, and you have proven experience with successfully applying these (or similar) techniques in a business environment.
- You have some experience with Data mining, SQL, BigQuery, NoSQL, R, and monitoring.
- You're highly knowledgeable about Python.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance: from A to Z (we only hire people with an European passport).
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- An extraordinarily good work environment, with freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities, and an informal, playful department.
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
Go for it
It's for you
Open and shut
Go for the fridge