What you tell people at parties
"I build web shops. And no – I will not fix your computer." What you really do
How you do it
- Coming up with new functionalities and building them.
- Improving the technology that runs over 300 web shops.
- Improving the user-friendliness of all of those web shops.
- Working in teams, consisting of 5 (+/- 2) developers and designers.
A day at the office
- You are an all-rounder in a Scrum team. You will have your own specialization, but you will also be able to perform all other tasks within the team.
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner. You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You will be using the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. Choices that were made in the past are not rules.
- You will work in a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines. There is always a budget for good ideas.
- Big data is your guru, your gut feeling isn't. To measure is to know.
- By actively coaching and continuously providing feedback to team members.
What we're offering
- You're smart and have some way to prove it.
- Minimum of five years experience as a PHP developer.
- You're experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You're able to solve problems using accepted best practices and principles like SOLID and design patterns.
- You care about code quality.
- You know how to automate recurring development steps and implement them in continuous integration and deployment systems.
- Scrum/Agile way of working is almost your second nature.
- You understand and investigate what a user wants and feels.
- Experience in working with large codebases and custom frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of Clean (Onion) architecture and PaaS is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Rotterdam (or to reasonable daily travel distance).
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension, pay for your travels and offer a discount on all the stuff we sell.
- Room for you to do things your way.
- Heartwarming help with the international relocation process from start to finish..
- Lots of things you can learn through our Coolcademy & skilled sparring partners.
- 25 days of paid leave, as long as you promise to come back!
- We like to inspire your passion giving you the opportunity to visit events.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
- And yes, we also have the industry standard perks such as free beer, ping pong tables, great lunch, team activities and awesome parties.