Pros and cons
You interact with developers and end users to reach the best software solution.
You make decisions based on measured results and experiences. To measure is to know.
You help to improve the development process.
You need to keep up with the latest news for the pubquiz.
After you’ve had your first cup of coffee, you think of how customers might be able to pick up their package from our stores even sooner. By cleverly grouping products, you ensure that the number of actions needed to pack internal deliveries is halved. Fortunately, you can continue to use a system that was already developed in a previous sprint, so it doesn’t take much effort to integrate this change into the system. And that way, you’ll also have it linked to external systems right away.Your specifications
Around lunch time, you walk by Bart from Logistics, and tell him about the expected result. He’s very happy with your fast solution. You decide to have lunch together and discuss other logistical challenges. Bart tells you about a problem with 20 packages that are stuck somewhere in the process.
After lunch, you sit down with Wouter, one of your teammates, to find the cause. Found it! You can see that creating the multicollinearity packages is done a different way. When the solution is done tomorrow, you can put this in a release, so we can use the new solution right away.
Included by default
- You have extensive knowledge of, and experience with, Delphi.
- You have demonstrable experience with Oracle or a similar database.
- You have insight into the modeling of relational databases.
- You have knowledge of the various development methods, best practices, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Having an interest in other programming languages (C#), unit testing, or TDD is a plus.
- You have several years of experience in a similar position.
- You understand what a user wants and feels.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- An international working environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those. Doesn’t matter if you’ve worked with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- A horizontal organisation in the broadest sense. You could just go and have a beer with the boss.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- Extraordinarily good work environment, including freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, lendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities, and an informal, playful department.