What you tell people at parties
"I'm a roadie for Coolblue. I work behind the scenes to make sure everyone is able to do their work as fast as possible."What you really do
How you do it
- Coming up with and building new functionalities for all the processes behind the scenes of our online shops and physical stores.
- Optimizing routes.
- Coupling data with systems, such as Google Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Implementing automatised quality control.
- Splitting systems into services.
A day at the office
- You are an all-rounder in a Scrum team. Besides your own specialization you will learn to perform all other tasks within the team.
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner. You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You will be using the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. Choices that were made in the past are not rules.
- You will work in a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines.
- There is always a budget for good ideas.
- Measurements on results and experience are your gurus, your gut feeling isn't. To measure is to know.
Parcel sorter will be the next story of the sprint you are handling. Using this link diminishes the amount of times a package has to be picked up, checked and put away by a whopping 3,500 times. Logistics will be happy. The data model only needs minor adjustments. The service that takes care of communication is easily fixed. FTP is more demanding than a web service, but you know how it rolls. Twenty packages are stuck in line somewhere and you and another team member need to find out why. Found it: the creation of multicolli packages happens in a different way. Tuesday is release day, so then you get to see the happy faces in Logistics when they put your work to use.Team
You'll become part of an agile, multidisciplinary team, ranging in size between four and six members. You get your own team room, a scrum master to help guide the process and a product owner to represent the business' needs.What we're asking
What we're offering
- Preferably university-level degree in Mathematics or IT.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of and experience with Delphi.
- Experience with Oracle or a similar database.
- Understanding of relational database modelling.
- Knowledge of development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms and design patterns.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
- Commercial insight.
- You understand what a user wants and feels.
- You really, really want to get things done.
- Willing to relocate to Rotterdam.
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension, pay for your travels and offer a discount on all the stuff we sell.
- Room for you to do things your way.
- An extensive relocation package. Just pack your toothbrush, we'll take of the rest.
- Lots of things you can learn through our in-house Coolcademy.
- All work and no play is not our thing, so you get 25 days of paid leave.
- We like to inspire your passion for technology by giving you the opportunity to visit events.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
- And yes, we also have the industry standard perks such as free beer, ping pong tables, great lunch, team activities and awesome parties.