What you tell your friends
I am a data investigator: I question data so I know what happenedWhat you really do
How you do it
- You work on Data Warehouse design and support the creation of data pipelines.
- Your technical expertise makes Coolblue smarter by assisting in data-driven decision making processes.
- You and your team provide technical support to our Business Analysts, who turn the data you provide into actionable insights for all of Coolblue.
- You are a senior in your field and actively coach your team members and continuously provide feedback to help them do things a little bit better every day.
- You participate in the development sprint and all Scrum events, which provide you with knowledge and insights needed to help the team improve and achieve its goals.
- You investigate the needs of Business Analysts in order to improve our data analytics capabilities.
- You will receive immediate feedback from Business Analysts and have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You support the Product Owner with aligning functional and technical requirements.
You’ll work in an international scrum team of 4 to 6 members with a passion for data. Everyone has their own specialization including DevOps, SQL Server gurus, and BI developers. The team’s backlog is curated by the Product Owner and the Scrum Master. Your team works with approximately 25 Business Analysts and 3 teams of Data Scientists, providing them data structures they can use to build automated analytics solutions.A day at the office
After you get morning coffee with your team, its stand-up time. The hero of the day will update you from Apache Airflow on how the overnight processing performed, progress updates all round and quick refinement of some JIRA tickets. At 10:00, you have a bi-weekly sync with André, one of the team members. After that it’s time for the team to make you proud as they demo the work you’ve done in the previous sprint. You and your team achieved some great results on rebuilding a 4 hour stock process which now takes 20 minutes and it’s great to show the end result. In the afternoon, you sit with the team and the PO to plan the upcoming sprint. At the end of the afternoon you discuss the progress of the cloud migration with the cloud team and align with their PO on the priorities of the other stories in the epic. Just before you head home, you and the team gets together to decide on the clothing theme for the Coolblue party.What we’re asking
What we’re offering
- You have multiple years of experience in (cloud-based) data warehousing.
- You have experience with a modern programming language (big plus would be Python).
- You have experience with deployment (It’s a big plus if you’ve got experience with tools like AWS CloudFormation, Puppet or Ensemble).
- You think in data structures and Kimball methodology.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily explain technical decisions to (non)-technical colleagues.
- You're experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You're willing to investigate what users want and why.
- You inhale and exhale Scrum/Agile.
- A 10% discount on all of our products.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks and epic Coolblue parties.
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- Relocation assistance from A to Z (if you live abroad).