How do I become a Medior Front-end Developer at Coolblue?
As a Medior Front-end Developer you work on the user-friendliness of our webshop for millions of customers. You enjoy working with the UX designer to pick up stories. You get energy from coming up with creative solutions and are happy to present this within the team. You are also proud of your work and welcome all feedback. "Want to become a Medior Front-end Developer at Coolblue? Else de Boer explains how to do that. "
You enjoy doing this
- Improving the user-friendliness of our webshop for millions of customers.
- Thinking about technical choices, such as our architecture, tools and processes.
- Keeping an eye on the performance of the webshop and analyze how you can improve it.
- Colleagues and yourself help through pull requests, code reviewing and pair programming.
- Making our webshop even a little bit better every day.
This calendar makes you happy
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have a BSc or MSc in for example Computer Science.
- You have between 3-5 years of experience as a Front end Developer.
- Experience in one or more server side languages such as PHP or C#.
- Enforce code quality through Test Driven Development and linting.
- Working in a fast paced Continuous Integration & Deployment environment gets you excited.
- You’re self-learning, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Working with Scrum/Agile working is second nature to you.
- You know how Git works.
- You’re proud of your work and welcome all feedback.
- You’re fluent in English and have a European passport and/or live in the EU
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks, epic Coolblue parties, and an informal, playful office space.
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- Relocation assistance, from a to z (Only if you have a European passport or live in EU)
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- An international work environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.
Go for it
It's for you
Ready, set, go
Open and shut
Go for the fridge
Want to know more?
How does Coolblue adhere to the 1.5-meter rule at work?
We adhere to the recommendations and guidelines of RIVM and the government, of course. This means that all colleagues from the main office work from home as much as possible. The interviews for your application will also take place via video calls.
We’d be happy to have you at the office on your first day. So we can drink a cup of coffee and get to know each other a little better. At an appropriate distance, of course.
Can I keep developing myself?
Coolblue University: learning at Coolblue, in a different way.
With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can get a little bit better every day. At Coolblue, we go back to school sometimes. But not by sitting there quietly and just listening. The training courses aren't boring, but interactive. You have to do exercises and have discussions with others. At the Coolblue University, we choose what we want to learn, so we can continue to develop en become real experts. For example, a Delivery Driver needs different training courses than a Customer Service Employe and a starter needs different courses than a manager.